- Editorial cartoons:
- Ed Stein, The Bailout, Simplified,
- Ann Telnaes, Robbing Us Blind,
- Pat Oliphant and Bruce Plante on Bush and Cheney's mission accomplished.
- Lat night humor:
- Stephen Colbert on the bailout: "This is one of the most important, irrevocable economic decisions we will ever make. Let's make it in a state of panic."
- Jon Stewart asked John Oliver: "Is this economic icing, then, sort of the turd icing on this administration's [expletive]-cake, if you will?"
- Jay Leno: "Oh, more bad news from President Bush. Remember those rebate checks from a few months ago? He wants them back. Yeah! We need to give that money to rich people on Wall Street. They need it more than you do!"
- Jimmy Kimmel: "President Bush made a farewell speech in front of the United Nations General Assembly. You know, the President is not an eloquent speaker, but I thought he spoke quite powerfully today, especially at the end of his speech when he looked out at all the delegates representing all the nations of the world and . . . said, 'Can we borrow some money?'"
Thursday, September 25, 2008
Would Be Funny If It Wasn't So True
More bailout humor: