Joe, the so-called plumber, is a registered Republi-con, an agent, a plant, an impostor put in the debate with a rehearsed story and role to promote the McCain campaign. Joe the so-called plumber is a fraud, and a perfect metaphor for the Republi-con Party.
- New York Times, Real Deal on ‘Joe the Plumber’ Reveals New Slant
- Bloomberg, 'Joe the Plumber,' Obama Tax-Plan Critic, Owes Taxes
- AP, Is 'Joe the Plumber' a plumber? That's debatable
- Houston Chronicle, Questions about his past leave debate's 'Joe' a bit flushed
- Miami Herald, Joe the Plumber's tale has a few leaks