Tuesday, October 7, 2008

The War on The Middle Class

What are the causes of the economic crisis, They include ignorance, regulatory and oversignt failures, and the relentless Republi-con war on the middle class over the past several decades, on behalf of the controling corporate interest of the party (social conservatives are just voting suckers). Read more, New York Times, A Fool’s Paradise by Bob Herbert. He thinks that what "we haven’t paid close enough attention to is the fact that there haven’t been enough good paying jobs to sustain an adequate standard of living."

Of course, thanks to China Inc., AKA Wal-Mart, the American standard of living has peaked. See New York Times, What’s Your Consumption Factor by Jared Diamond.

It was good while it lasted, but the party is over.

Are you a Republi-con? If so, are you a rich corporate Republi-con, or the conservative sucker?

1 comment:

  1. I found your link at the Pensacola News Journal. Thank Heavens, I didn't know that there was anyone in Pensacola with a sense of humor but reading your profile gives me hope once again!

    I most certainly am not a Republi-con (my favourite word for them Rethuglicans). Generally in this area I am called a Liberal Bitch.... you betcha! Proud of it too. That is miles ahead of anything Republican!

    Hey, the dingbat is in Pensacola today. Frankly I'm glad it's raining. I had given some thought to doing a WTF? sign and standing on the street to wave it at her but in all honesty, I didn't want to see that air head bimbo.

    ReplyDelete